Pour 2 cups of distilled water into an empty spray bottle. Follow by adding 2 tablespoons of glycerin and 1 tablespoon of fractionated coconut oil into the same bottle. Introduce 15 drops of lavender essential oil along with 15 drops of orange essential oil to the mixture. Seal the bottle and give it a good shake to thoroughly blend all the ingredients together.
How To Make Pet Odor Eliminator Spray?
Creating a homemade pet odor eliminator spray is relatively easy and requires just a few common household ingredients. Here’s a simple recipe:
- 2 cups of distilled white vinegar
- 2 cups of water
- 4 tablespoons of baking soda
- 10-15 drops of essential oil (optional, for a pleasant scent)
Mixing the Ingredients:
- Combine the distilled white vinegar and water in a spray bottle.
- Add the baking soda slowly to avoid excessive fizzing. You might want to do this part over a sink or with a funnel.
- If desired, add 10-15 drops of your preferred essential oil. Essential oils like lavender, lemon, or tea tree oil can help mask odors.
Shaking and Mixing:
- Seal the spray bottle tightly and shake it well to ensure all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Before using, test the spray on a small, inconspicuous area to ensure it doesn’t discolor or damage the surface.
- Once confirmed, spray the affected area generously, allowing it to air dry. For fabrics or carpets, you might want to blot the excess liquid with a cloth after a few minutes.
- Store the spray bottle in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Storing this deodorizer in a cool, dry spot allows it to stay effective for up to nine months. As time passes, you might notice the solution naturally separating. Just before using, give the bottle a gentle shake to remix the ingredients for optimal performance.